Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 29, 2008

Everyday Miracles

Every week I spend a little time doing research to try and come up with the coolest talk our youth kids have ever heard. OK so that is a little overboard, but I do actually put some effort into it. I came across a quote yesterday by a guy named Hudson Taylor who was a missionary to China. I'd really never heard of him but liked the quote so I looked him up.
Anyway, he lived an awesome life of really learning to hand everything over to God and fully rely on God for daily provisions. Calling myself a Christ follower probably means I should also believe in that kind of thing but when push comes to shove, I don't know if I believe in the everyday miracle. It is like in Acts 12 where the folks were so busy praying for God to work a miracle and release Peter from prison that they didn't believe the girl who answered the door and said he was there! Why do we act like we want God to work miracles all the while not really expecting Him to show up. I don't have a good answer yet but here's the quote, "I've found that there are three stages in every great work of God: first it is impossible, then it is difficult, then it is done."

0 comments: