Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

January 27, 2008

Wrestling with God

Today at church we had a response Sunday where we spend time reflecting on what God has been teaching us corporately. The theme this time was the idea of "Wrestling with God," which is obviously a hard topic for numerous reasons. I ache for friends who are hurting, marriages in bad situations and when it seems like people who love God so much end up in bad situations. We had several stations set up including one with art and poetry, one for receiving prayer and a pseudo Garden of Gethsemane.
There was a picture in the art section that hits me the most every time I see it. I can't get my head around the fact that kids today are hurt so much by the world around them. Why they are constantly ignored and forced to grow up too soon. Kids are completely helpless and I know I'd give anything for my own children, but do I really care about the ones around me in Laramie or throughout the world?
I actually bought this piece at an art show my church put on to raise money for the Invisible Children, and it normally hangs in my living room. My wife loves the picture but really wants me to take it from our living room into someplace less prominent. I believe that's the reason I need to keep it there...I think if I don't, it will be too easy to forget.


0 comments: