Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 23, 2008

Opening My Eyes

    Everyone knows that relationships play out in so many way.  Sometimes they are fulfilling and easy while at other times they are ridiculous and difficult.  Who out there doesn't have a "friend" that really sucks the life out of you and makes you wish you were anywhere else?!?  I've definitely had those kinds of relationships before and they are a pain.  One would hope that in a marriage relationship, things would be different and hopefully most of the time they are different. 

   Tonight, something really hit me in my dealings with Sandra.  We spent quality time together!  You might be thinking, "Oh what an epiphany!"  Hear me out...we spend time together a lot, which really means I am home and usually ignoring her for the next extremely important task on my list.  Sure it's time "together" but I'm not really there.  Why was tonight different you ask?  Let me tell you.

   I spent the whole day painting my kids' room.  It needed to be done and I actually managed to get it there with a friends help.  Unfortunately, the room stinks like you wouldn't believe so the kids can't possibly sleep in there.  We have them bunking down in the living room which is no small feet given that my living room includes a loft to my bedroom.  Of course the kids had to miss their naps today because their room was torn apart so to get them to go to sleep, we had to have lights out in the Kelly household at 7:00!!

   Queue Sandra!  We are sitting in our loft and decide instead of watching television or turning on the computer, we are going to talk and look at the pictures on our cell phones of our beautiful children.  What an amazing time!!!!  Who would have thought that if I stopped worrying about all of that other junk in my life and just focused for five minutes on my wife that I could fall more in love with her?  That is why I am writing this at 10:41 at night.  I look over my shoulder and see how amazing and beautiful she is even while she is sleeping and know that tomorrow it will have been worth staying up late to surf the web and blog, just to spend a few extra minutes with her.  She means everything to me!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love you. It was fun last night! ;)

Sandra said...

I love you. It was fun last night! ;)