Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 4, 2008

Random Connection

So I work at the University of Wyoming recycling center. I am the guy who drives all over campus and actually collects the stuff people put in the recycling bins and it's actually a decent job! Last week, someone recycled all these really old yearbooks. I mean old as in 1915, 1917, 1923 etc. I took some of them home because I'm a nerd and wanted to look at them. My degree is in history and it is cool to look at the evolution of the university...get over it. Well, I am home looking at the 1917 copy and there is a name hand written on the inside cover. After a little bit of texting, I learn that this particular yearbook belonged to the great grandpa of one of my former youth workers!! How crazy is that?!? We verified the name and dates and stuff so I told him I'd save it and he could have the copy. What are the odds?

0 comments: