Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 2, 2008

What's the Point?

So it's been just over a year now since my youth group had their first and so far their only lock-in. I can't tell you that I'm sad that we've not seen another one yet because around 4:30 in the morning, I really started to doubt my calling as a youth pastor. It was a fun night though. We went all out for this one including renting a climbing gym, dance pad and guitar hero on a projector with a separate xbox station, ping pong tournament and to top it all off, the Gutter Sunday! Ice cream in a rain gutter, really what could be better?! Look below if you don't get it.

Anyway, after we finished officially eating the ice cream, several of the boys thought it would be funny to have a little contest of their own. They decided that they were going to eat as much ice cream as possible to see who would be the first to throw up...I know! Of course as leaders we try to discourage this kind of behavior. Matt (one of the male leaders) went to ask Dillon (one of the boys) "What is the point of doing this?" Dillon's response..."What's the point of being fifteen?!" I think I have some things to learn from the boys.

0 comments: