Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 13, 2008

American Idol Finalists

Sandra and I love to watch television but really don't have the time to actually sit and watch because we have kids. If you have kids, you understand...if you don't yet, once you have kids you will! We get the shows we like on dvd and watch them at night before we fall asleep, or sometimes we stream them online. American Idol is the one show we watch regularly and our kids love to watch it with us. It's down to the final three - David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado and David Cook. Sandra and I are cheering on both Davids but ultimately want and think David Cook will win. Who agrees with me?

4 comments:

shellycoulter said...

David Cook Rocks!!! He better win or I will be very disappointed. Either way...he will have a great career!

Matt C said...

David Cook all the way!

Archie is incredibly one-dimensional - only excels at ballads. His second song last night (and any time he does an up-tempo pop song) is just awkward. You can't release a whole album of ballads...

And Syesha belongs on Broadway, not American Idol. She's good, it's just a completely different genre of music and stage presence that she has.

Like usual, I agree with Simon Cowell when he said of David Cook: "He is the only one whose music I would personally buy" and "He is easily the best performer."

I read somewhere that Cook's former albums are selling for hundreds of dollars on eBay, too. This guy's a phenomenon. He will be the rock version of Carrie Underwood if he wins.

Matt C said...

According to dialidol.com, it will be a David vs. David finale (woo hoo!) - with Cook way ahead of Archuleta for votes last night.

Sandra said...

Matt, I will say that between the two Davids that Cook definitely has diversity, the look, and will have the style of music that will probably sell way more records than Archuletta will, but I disagree with you when it comes to Archuletta being one-dimensional. I thought he did great for his second song. The only thing funny about it was that he was singing about his "boo" and being in love when he seems so young, but other than that, I thought it was great. He is extremely talented for his age is very likeable (he's just so cute when he talks!). It may be mostly the female demographic that will buy his music, but I think he'll go far. As for my vote, I did vote for Cook, but don't discount Archuletta because he's darn good!