Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 25, 2008

Too little salt, a little too much pepper...

Pepper spray that is...let me explain. Tonight I did a photo scavenger hunt with my youth kids. I've never done one of these and it is super fun. I took them all to the University of Wyoming campus here in Laramie and they got maps of the campus and a list of clues. The clues were all for names of various buildings on campus and stuff like that. I sent the kids on their way and they had to take pictures on their cell phones and text them to me. Afterwards, I took them all out to Sonic and bought for everyone!

What does this have to do with pepper spray you might ask??? While at Sonic with seven guys and one girl plus leaders, two girls from our other small group showed up. I went inside to talk with all of them when a couple of funny things happened. First off, they are interested in doing a Bible study this summer. I've been really discouraged as you might have read, but if this goes well, four girls will be studying next week!!! WOOHOO! I went back outside to get my food and when I came back in to eat, I noticed a slight burning in the air. My throat was slightly itchy and my eyes were starting to burn. Turns out one of the girls had a small keychain size pepper spray and they decided to try it out. It only got worse so we had to clear out the room. Not a bad way to introduce myself to some youth girls - only to get pepper sprayed!! Good night overall.

0 comments: