Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

July 29, 2008

The Injury

My wife and I are major fans of the television show, "The Office." We don't really have time to actually sit down and watch television, but we picked up the first and third season on dvd and borrowed the second. You really need to watch it from the beginning to understand all the characters and why things are so funny. One of the funnier episodes is in the second season and is called, "The Injury." In that episode, Michael Scott calls in franticly yelling that he is hurt and needs someone to come help him. He shows up at the office on crutches with his foot in bubble wrap and explains:

"I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon- sue me- and since I don''t have a butler, I have to do it myself. So most nights before I go to bed I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious. It''s good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot. That's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that."

I too, suffered an injury. 7/7/08 is a day that will forever live in infamy. First off, it should be the one year anniversary of the last Harry Potter book but someone totally screwed that up! In reality, it is the day that I injured my back at work. There was no "magical" moment where I screamed out in pain, "I can't go on! I can't go on!" Instead, I finished collecting the recycling and my back was pretty sore, and then by the end of lunch, even stretching didn't help. I did what they all recommend and took the afternoon off and went home to lie around and put ice on it.
As of the moment this blog posted, here I am sitting around at home with ice on my back wondering if I'll ever get to go back to work. I've been to the chiropractor like nine times and had two massages, which are awesome by the way. I know I'll be back to work soon, but I'm pretty worried about continuing back problems. I'm looking for some office work myself if you know somewhere that needs help. I also love bacon!

0 comments: