Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 13, 2009

Weight Watchers

   So, I realized that I didn't update after the last two times I've weighed in.  Some of that has been from a general lack of desire to blog, but probably more likely due to my lack of weight loss in those two weeks.  The first week, which would have been January 30, I only lost 1 pound.  The second week February 6, I only lost 1/2 pound.  I suppose that any loss is a step in the right direction.  You can't seriously expect to put up numbers like The Biggest Loser when you aren't working out as a full-time job, or when you're coming back from serious spinal surgery.  I think the half pound was probably the toughest part.  It was the week of the Superbowl which meant that I hung out with youth kids and ate fun "get together food."  Losing that half pound put me at 316.5 since I started, and that meant I made it to my first goal of 5%

   This week, I made a much more conscientious effort at counting my points.  For example, Sandra really wanted some of those little cinnamon roles from Burger King, so while I wa out dropping off papers to the doctor, I stopped by and got some.  I thought, hey, I would really love it if I had some too!  I took it home and enjoyed a great BK breakfast, only to find out that the little bit of food I ate was worth OVER HALF my daily allowance.  Since it was slightly later than normal breakfast, I made it a point to skip lunch and had a healthy snack to tide me over.  Then ate a normal dinner and stayed within my range.  I tried to not focus so much on a big bonus point meal, because that gets me in trouble.  Well, today I went to weight again and I checked it twice...311   That means I lost 5.5 this week and have lost a total of 23 pounds since starting the program on January 7.  It's all going in the right direction, and I'm excited to actually have more energy and notice little changes in my body.  Not sure if many other people notice, but they will eventually!  Thanks for your encouragement.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hang in there friend! I know there are days and weeks when it is discouraging, but in a few months, when you see bigger picture, it will all be worth it!

shellycoulter said...

That is so awesome! Way to go!