Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 19, 2009

The Bread Winner

   Why yes, the title does seem to indicate that perhaps I'm now gainfully employed.  I got a call late Monday from UW asking if I could come in and start working on Tuesday morning.  The job is in Accounts Payable, which is the group that processes all the Purchase Orders and Invoices and such, and sets it all up in the accounting system so checks can be issued.  I am literally amazed at the amount of money that goes through the university.  It started off pretty slowly, but by the end of the day, I was already auditing the invoices to the receipts to make sure it was all correct, and by the end of the second day, I was loading the payments so checks can be issued.  There is so much more to learn, but it seems like it will be a great fit for me.

   Thankfully, UW is going to transfer my pay over exactly how it was, so I don't lose my raises or anything.  I'm really enjoying getting to know all my new co-workers, and am already having some fun joking around with them.  Another perk of the job is that I don't feel stressed at all!  It is very overwhelming, because of the volume, but I am totally able to leave my problems at the door.  I can turn off my computer at 5, walk out the door and literally be at home with my beautiful wife and children within 5-7 minutes.  God is so incredible to provide this for me!  You can continue to pray that my back heals more each day, and that it doesn't get too uncomfortable sitting at a desk.  I also still need to raise about $750 a month in support for my work at the church to provide for my family.  Talk to me if you're interested in helping out!  Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement.

Jon

0 comments: