Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 7, 2009


   Probably the best thing about little babies is how cute they are.  Let's be realistic, if it wasn't for times like this picture, they literally would never do anything but eat, sleep and poop.  
   Landen is now officially two weeks old.  We took him in for his check-up and he's reached his birth weight.  Really, he passed it up and now weighs in at 9 pounds 1 ounce.  He's such a big kid, but they say he's measuring right along in comparison with other kids his age.  However, he was technically delivered two weeks before his due date, so does that make him a man-child? 
   Anyway, mom and he and doing really well.  There was a slightly awkward experience where mommy got covered in some bodily fluids (not the sterile kind).  He is staying awake for many more stretches of time, and is still just as relaxed as when he was born.  So far, he will cry if you are doing something to anger him ie: changing a diaper or giving him a bath, but two seconds later, he sits back and it's like he's just looking around soaking up the world.  I can't help but smile when I see him.  It's like having this small innocent child makes me forget how cynical I can be at times.  I want to be a better example for my kids and work on not being so bitter all the time.  Most of the time, I just think I'm being "realistic" but I would never want my kids to be that way.  Something for me to think about.  Well, since it is technically 2:30 am, I am going to go back to sleep.  Feeding time is over.
           
                                                              



0 comments: