Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

September 21, 2009

The Last Day of Summer

I'm beginning to realize that I'm a terrible blogger because I don't post nearly often enough to satisfy the desires of all my rabid readers. I thought perhaps I should share a little from the life of the Kelly's and our trip to the Denver Zoo this past Saturday. Our Journey Group (kind of a home Bible study/share life together group) decided we'd all head down together. It sounded like a lot of fun, and I do love the zoo. Sandra and I have been down pretty much every year since before we got married. Somehow though, it is different to walk the zoo with a group of 18 people!

Don't get me wrong, I love our people and had a blast hanging out together...but any time you walk with that many people, you probably add 25% to the amount of time is should take to get through. I think my favorite part was just seeing all the kids interact. Of the 18 that went, 10 are kids so there were also lots of strollers. It was fun seeing them all taking turns riding with each other. I also love seeing other adults interact with my kids and show them love. It's fantastic to have friendships like that and people that I'd trust my children with.

After waking up this morning and finding snow on the group and having to wear jeans and a jacket for the first time this season, I am very glad we went down to Denver this weekend. It was a gorgeous day with perfect weather and we had a lot of fun letting the kids see all the animals. One of Emerson's favorites is the hippo. Whenever we talk about the zoo, she asks if we can go see one. Here's a few pictures of our day. Hope you enjoyed your last day of summer too!




























0 comments: