Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

September 30, 2009

What difference do it make? by Ron Hall, Denver Moore & Lynn Vincent

What Difference do it Make is the follow up to Same Kind of Different as Me and attempts to demonstrate how God can work through terrible situations to bring positive results. The bulk of What Difference is focused on the expansion or continuation of Ron and Denver’s story from the first book. Spread throughout are letters sharing of change effected by people inspired after reading Same Kind of Different.

I was quickly drawn into the story and found myself staying up late in order to finish the book. Several parts especially challenged my ideas about loving and serving others as a Christ follower. However, when telling the story of Denver and Ron, it felt the book lacked common flow, and then had the random stories interspersed. The stories were interesting, but I wished the book had focused on either the expansion of Denver and Ron’s story, OR the inspirational stories of people who read the first book.

Although the introduction stated that reading Same Kind of Different was not necessary in order to read this book, I found myself wishing I knew more of the background from that book. I would definitely recommend this for friends or family. It will challenge some of your views and if you’re like me, you’ll probably tear up at least once or twice. However, take the time to find and read the Same Kind of Different first.

0 comments: