Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 18, 2010

I'm definitely getting old

I went with Sandra to the Cowgirls game last night where they DEFEATED New Mexico!! On the way, there was a Britney Spears song on the radio. I've heard it before and it's got a catchy beat. I'm sure it's much like the rest of her songs - pretty catchy with no real substance. Anyway, this song is called "3" and Sandra asked me if I knew what it was about. Honestly, I had no clue, but probably could have figured it out based on the title. (I didn't know the title at that point either) Anyway, you guessed right, it's about a threesome. Hmmm. So today I looked up the lyrics. Here's a little sampling from the chorus to the end.

Are - you in Livin' in sin is the new thing
Are - you in I am countin'!
1, 2, 3 Not only you and me
Got one eighty degrees
And I'm caught in between
Countin'1, 2, 3Peter, Paul & Mary
Gettin' down with 3P
Everybody loves ***
What we do is innocent
Just for fun and nothin' meant
If you don't like the company
Let's just do it you and me
You and me...
Or three....
Or four....
On the floor!
After reading it and hearing it again, my first thought was, "This is what kids are listening to these days?" I'm so glad that I'm very involved in my kids lives and I hope that I can keep it that way. I want to be able to protect my kids from this kind of stuff. Not sheltered, but protected. I'm sure kids in elementary school are listening to this kind of stuff. I'm an advocate of Dennis Rainey's philosophy - I want to protect my kids innocence and not just their purity.

0 comments: