Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 25, 2010

Lenten Reflections Day 8

   Hebrews 10:14 says, "because by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."  That verse always seems to make me struggle just a little bit and at the same time inspires me.  I know the imperfections in my life and the times when I continually make the wrong choices or say the wrong words.  The idea that God has made me perfect is sometimes a hard pill to swallow.  I know that God looks to me and sees the sacrifice Jesus made, rather than my imperfections.  I also know that He will continue this work in me until I am holy.  These are my thoughts after reading today's Lenten reflection.  Here's my favorite lines from today.

  
Ruth's life is a they-all-lived-happily-ever-after story, but it is not a parable of My power to make life comfortable; it is a parable of My power to make people holy. Know this: holiness and only holiness brings joy. No problem in your life, whether difficult problems such as disadvantages and loss or agreeable problems such as wealth, can stop My plan. Faith and hope together release love. And love is holiness.

0 comments: