Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 11, 2010

American Idol

   Let me start by saying that the guys did a pretty good job - good enough for me to say that the guys are better than the girls overall...with one exception.  Crystal Bowersox.  She is hands down the one to beat this year.  Unless she manages to do something crazy, I think she is going to take the show.  She really is the most natural and comfortable on stage and seems to really know who she is and what kind of artist she is.  The other contestants just don't seem to have it. 

   The guys made a great run trying to prove themselves last night.  Tim Urban was really the surprise of the night for me with his version of Hallelujah.  He actually did a really good job and I enjoyed his performance.  In spite of last night though, I'd be find with him hitting the road tonight and taking Aaron Kelly or Todrick Hall with him.  Big Mike did a fantastic job last night singing This Woman's Work.  I'm not familiar with the song, but I really enjoyed it and I think I'd be interested in hearing a little more from him!

   For the women...the ones I'd like to see gone at this point are definitely Paige Miles and Lacey Brown.  I just have had a very hard time connecting with their performances and would enjoy seeing their departure.  The only down side is that I'd need to hear them perform one last time before they finally walked offstage.  Besides Bowersox, the one I'm tending to like more and more is Siobhan Magnus.  I did not like her at all in Hollywood but she's been singing these great songs and this week showed a softer side which I liked a lot.  So there you have it.  Those are my picks to leave the show.  What did you like? What did you hate?  Who do you think will be leaving us to finalize the top 12?!
  

2 comments:

Jennifer Hamilton said...

You REALLY should listen to "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush (I believe its the original). Excellent, beautiful, fantastic song from when "alternative" music was really alternative. Sorry I missed it last night. I like Big Mike a lot. But like you said, all the performances thus far have been so lackluster, I haven't really cared to watch. I had the girls on Tuesday, and Crystal B was good but everyone else was so not, so I didn't even bother to watch last night. Sounds like I missed some good performances. Especially if it was a good version of "Hallelujah" because I totally love that song.

Jennifer Hamilton said...

You REALLY should listen to "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush (I believe its the original). Excellent, beautiful, fantastic song from when "alternative" music was really alternative. Sorry I missed it last night. I like Big Mike a lot. But like you said, all the performances thus far have been so lackluster, I haven't really cared to watch. I had the girls on Tuesday, and Crystal B was good but everyone else was so not, so I didn't even bother to watch last night. Sounds like I missed some good performances. Especially if it was a good version of "Hallelujah" because I totally love that song.