Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 5, 2010

Bored on a Friday night

   Sandra had plans to go to Cheyenne today, leaving after Emerson finished preschool for the day.  Since she was going to hit the road anyway, I worked through lunch to come home at 4 and she was going to head back after a quick dinner.  The only problem is that we live in Wyoming so the weather doesn't like to cooperate for 8-9 months out of the year.  Today was no exception, and Sandra managed to get snowed in at her parents house with the kids, while I sit at home alone.

   This isn't to say that I'm complaining about it.  I took a trip to Walmart and got to sit around in boxers all night watching television.  I also rented the new Star Trek movie from Redbox.  I've seriously never been much of a fan of movies like Star Trek, or even Star Wars which is something of a disappointment for some friends.  This movie was really entertaining though and I liked it a lot.  It was a cool look back at how all the things got started that Granny made me watch when I was growing up.  I enjoyed all the characters and I wouldn't mind too much if they opted to make more of the movies.

   So now it's approaching 10:30 and I don't want to go to bed.  It is never as fun to go to bed when Sandra isn't home.  The house just feels lonely, which I suppose is a good thing to feel after eight years of marriage.  I still don't like it when my wife and children aren't around.  Next Friday, we're supposed to drive to Las Vegas with another couple from our small group.  We're meeting two other couples down there and spending a few nights.  I'm really excited to have the chance to hang out with Sandra and other friends without the kids around.  Thankfully, we got a really decent tax return that will allow this trip, and we can still get grass in the yard this year and set some money aside for Sandra's surgery.

   I seriously ramble when I'm tired.  Here's to hoping the roads are open tomorrow so that I can make it over to hang out with my family once again.  To both of you who read this, have a fantastic night!

0 comments: