Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 26, 2010

Home Improvement

   I love trying to improve my home.  I get such a sense of accomplishment when I actually want to do a project and manage to make it happen.  The latest idea in my head that became a notch in my belt was putting a ceiling fan in my bedroom.  I hate being hot.  I really HATE it.  There are times in my past where I use one of those little clip-on fans in my room that attaches to my nightstand and blows air on my face all night.  In our current home, there's a big 22" fan sitting on the floor on my side of the bed.  I wanted to get rid of it.

   Lowe's was offering a little discount so I decided to use a smidge of our tax return and purchase one.  I set out on my own to accomplish this one because the guy I asked was busy working on a project with his son.  Believe it or not, I managed to get the thing up in under an hour!  Of course that included a phone call to my friend Eric because I found a wire in the celing that didn't match any previously known colors that I expected to find.  Below is a picture of my efforts.  I picked it without input from Sandra, but we both love it.  I am glad I went with the dome/globe design instead of the individual lamps - it feels more like a bedroom.  Even though you can't really be there, just imagine how nice the air circulating this summer is going to feel.  Next step...probably using tax money to get a sprinkler system and sod.  Well, sod for sure, but hopefully a sprinkler too. 

0 comments: