Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

March 29, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

   This past weekend, Sandra was supposed to drive to Cheyenne with her friend Gretchen to take a cake decorating class.  The roads were pretty nasty, so instead, they invaded the kitchen at home and spend about 5-6 hours working on their cakes.  This was Sandra's first attempt at such a creation.  It is the fondant style cake.  For those of you who aren't up on baking terms, fondant is actually the type of frosting and you might have seen them on baking shows on Food Network.  They are the cakes with the really smooth icing that are pretty fancy looking. 

   The labor was well worth it. I'm so proud of my Sandra for making something that looks really incredible. We were hoping to save it for Easter, but somehow, sweets don't last that long in my house. It ended up being cut for our small group meeting. I still haven't managed to get any of it, but I'm hoping tonight's the night! Way to go Sandra! I'm totally behind you if you want to keep working on your newfound skills...you just need to bake one for me!

   Here are a few pictures of the cake she made. Remember that everything on the cake is completely edible and made by hand, including the flowers.  I think it is amazing!

1 comments:

Jennifer Hamilton said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! Tell Sandra I'm impressed!:)