Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April 28, 2010

American Idol

   We're finally getting down to the nitty gritty.  I'd like to say that Aaron will be going home, but after that cutesy little comment about the song "You've got a way" being for his mom, he'll be here another week.  It bums me out.  The kid has a decent voice and all - I'll give him that - but he is not an American Idol.  If a guy like that wins, his career will be over before it began. 

   Best of the night was Lee.  Lee did an awesome job opening the night with "You're Still the One."  I really like the sound of his voice so much and he seems like a normal guy.  I don't think he's going to go away tonight though. 

   Casey sang "Don't" and I think it was his best performance.  It was nice to hear him just sing a song although it wasn't that much different from the rest of his performances (minus the big guitar solo.)

   Michael Lynche did "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing" and did a great job.  The guy has definite vocal ability, but you have to enjoy an R&B sound if you're going to buy his album someday.  I'm not sure there is enough of that crowd out there right now for him to actually win it.  I'm thinking fourth or third at best.

   Crystal was a bit of a letdown this week singing "No One Needs to Know."  The band idea was ok, but the whole things was just lacking in my opinion and her vocals weren't great.  I usually enjoy the twists she does and the quality of her voice does pretty well because she chooses great songs.

   I saved Siobhan for last.  She sang "Any Man of Mine" and the judges couldn't sing enough praises.  They were going off about how she was back and so wonderful...I thought it was pretty awful.  I still like her and thing she's a great singer.  She is just quirky enough to be popular with a lot of different people...she's Punky Brewster. 

   So if I had to make a choice, I wish Aaron were going home but I doubt it.  My bet tonight is on Mike or Casey.  Even though Casey did much better with this song, I don't think it will be enough to keep him around.  What do you think?  Who do you want to stick around?  Who do you want to hit the road?

0 comments: