Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April 5, 2010

Do you remember?

   It's 11:30 P.M. and I'm sitting here thinking I should probably go to bed.  Right now, I can't though because I am thinking about an experience I had when I was a kid.  Do you remember the chips called Tato Skins?  I do because they still haunt me from an experience I had with them when I was about 7 or 8 years old.  I lived in Germany as a child because my dad was in the Air Force.  We were living on Ramstein at the time right by the school and all the football fields, soccer fields and the huge playground.  I remember having a little sandwich bag full of these tasty treats and I was walking past the football/soccer fields towards the playground.

   It was an regular day with nice weather and nothing out of the ordinary, until a blackbird flew over and landed on the ground about ten feet in front of me.  He was definitely giving me the eye...the evil eye.  He would look up at me, and then down at my hand that was holding my back of deliciousness.  Back and forth, back and forth, all the while creeping closer to me.  I was frozen in place.  What do you do when all you want to do is go play and a crazy bird is giving you the eye?  Suddenly, that bird took off, but not to fly away.  He came straight at me and smacked me in the chest.  I wasn't frozen anymore.  I screamed like a little girl and dropped my bag of chips when I put my hands up.  Needless to say, I survived this vicious and unprovoked attack.  When I dropped the Tato Skins, he went for them rather than me because apparently they taste better.  I don't think I'll ever look at those chips the same again.

   What about you?  Do you have any crazy stories about being attacked by an animal?  Maybe you just have a crazy food story?  Either way, I'd love to hear it.  Leave a comment and share some random experience from your childhood.  I can probably sleep better having gotten that off my chest, and I think you will to!

0 comments: