Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April 9, 2010

Don't do it

   That is what goes through my head every time I read something on Facebook and think about replying.  I am a fairly conservative person, I think that cat's out of the bag already.  I just don't like it when things are taken out of context or misrepresented.  I find a lot of that on Facebook.  I have absolutely no problem with you putting something out there in support of your beliefs or about how you feel on a certain topic.  Just make sure that when you present your side, you aren't taking some brief snippet that isn't really the point to make it work.  I really dislike the extreme on both sides.  People who thought the world would end when Obama became President were nuts.  People who aren't intelligent enough to see the damage he is doing to the country right now are nuts.  Here's the simple truth...ALL politicians suck and I'd love to see the pay and benefits get knocked down by about 50-75% for them all and I'd like to see some major restrictions on how long or often they can serve.  Get rid of career politicians and start making common sense decisions.  Open your eyes to see that even if you can creatively work out the financing for some program doesn't mean we need the program.  I need to learn that one a bit in my own life.  My only advantage is that I don't have any debt and I'm not financing my life to creditors like the government has done.  It won't matter about healthcare, nuclear weapons or whatever else when our economy tanks because of our debt.  Spending like this you come to a point where no one will give you money, you have to fail and then rebuild.  Unless we make serious changes, that point will come for the US eventually.  I'm not trying to be some conspiracy theorist or stir up some ridiculous fear.  I'm trying to be realistic about finances in our country.  If any of us lived with our personal finances like the government runs theirs, we'd never make it. 

   Wow this post got off topic quickly.  I just need to learn to stop commenting on that kind of stuff and just let people have their opinions.  It isn't up to me to change their view, and I'm sure they don't care about mine.  The nice thing is that I have this blog where I state from the get go that these are my thoughts.  Feel free to agree or not.  Feel free to comment and tell me why I'm wrong or right. Thankfully we live somewhere that we can openly dialog this stuff.  Most of all, if you find yourself getting annoyed by what you read, remember...you don't have to do it.  Feel free not to post at all.  I don't mind if you lurk for a while.  

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You're right.

Matt Coulter said...

So I kind of agree with this and kind of not - because when I throw something up on Twitter or FB or my blog, my hugest desire is that people will engage with it and start a discussion because of it. So regardless of what you think, feel, believe about what I put up there, I want you to comment!

Kelli said...

You're right.