Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 3, 2010

Back in the Saddle

   I started out using Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year to help me focus on my goal of losing 7 pounds a month.   WW and I have a long and speckled past.  I've tried the program off an on for about 11 years now.  I always have initial success, but then something happens and I end up falling off the bandwagon.  This year has been no exception to that rule.  I actually signed up around November of last year and had some initial success only to be thwarted by Christmas eating.  Then did pretty well this year until a weekend trip to Vegas destroyed everything I'd accomplished. 

   Now that I'm doing the medically supervised weight loss, I have some goals that I need to work on as part of the preparation for surgery, and WW is going to serve as a helpful tool.  Starting today, I am tracking all the food I eat again.  The dietitian suggested doing a food journal, and since you track the points for everything you eat with Weight Watchers, this one is pretty helpful. 

   I have a list of goals that I need to work on while going through this process.  One of them is giving up straws when I drink.  This might seem childish and fairly easy, but even my water bottle (Camelback) has a straw built into it.  I also have to eliminate carbonated drinks before potential surgery and at least one year after.  I made it through Lent without soda, so I am totally sure I can do it again.  I need to get better about drinking water and hopefully the desire for some of the tastier drinks will subside over time.

   Made a sweet grocery list for shopping and plans for meals this week, so hopefully with a little prep work, it will be easy to ensure I have plenty of the things I need around the house.  Ooh, suddenly sugar free Jello sounds really good.  I might need to swing by the store on the way home. 

1 comments:

Matt Coulter said...

Hey bro, just wanted to say way to go on trying to make healthy decisions and that I'll fully support you in this any way I can. Just let me know what I need to do or not do to help you out. Love ya man!