Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day

   Yesterday was Father's Day which marks my 5th year of actually being a Father.  Emerson made me a special painting and cut out the paper in the shape of a heart, with a cute little drawing on the back of the two of us holding hands.  It was super cute and I'm so grateful for her sweetness.  Braeden made sure to give me some snuggle time which is pretty tough sometimes with such a wild energetic kid.  Then Landen always brightens my day when he "runs" up to me and grabs my legs in a big hug saying "Dad! Dad!" 

   Being a dad is one of the greatest things I'll ever experience.  It really opens my eyes so much to the love the Jesus has for us.  It is so unconditional and with each child, I doubt I'll possibly have enough love to share with another child...but I'm always proven wrong.  I'd give anything possible to make sure they are ok and care about them more than I ever imagined possible. 

   Sandra gave me a fantastic gift - the afternoon to take the older two kids to see Toy Story 3 in 3-D.  It was a super fun time with them and the movie was awesome.  I am not going to tell why because Sandra still hasn't seen the movie yet and I don't want to spoil it for her.  I will say the ending was awesome and it was so fitting for the third movie.  It actually made me well up a little bit.  Here's a picture of Braeden and I waiting for the show to start.  Happy Father's Day to all the other Dads out there!

0 comments: