Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 24, 2010

Short Timer's Disease

   Tomorrow is my last day in Accounts Payable.  Putting that down actually makes me a little sad.  I've grown accustomed to the office and the friends I've made.  I enjoy making burrito runs to Qdoba because who doesn't love Qdoba?  After spending about ten months out of work with a back injury, this job came along at just the right time.  Now that I've been without Emmaus for six months, we're about to run out of our surplus money and once again, God proved his faithfulness in providing me with a new position with a significant pay increase to meet our needs. 

   Now the only problem is actually making it through tomorrow!  I'm definitely not shafting work because I won't have to deal with it.  I will be leaving this position in pretty good shape in terms of getting everything possible done so that it isn't piled up (except maybe Pcards.)  I'm just getting pumped up for this new adventure and I think it shows. 

   As of Monday, I'll be the Scheduling Coordinator for UW.  Essentially, of the thousands of classrooms on campus, it will be my role to actual schedule them for usage for the classes each semester and for the requests that pop up throughout the year.  I'll work in the Classroom Building which is air conditioned so obviously I'll be more productive.  I also work with/oversee some of the technology in that building as well.  I'm nervous but ready to dive in and get my role figured out.  Feel free to toss up a prayer for me on Monday as I start over there.  If you want to drop by and say hi, my office is in CR 204.

2 comments:

Littlebit said...

Hey sweets! :) I am wishing you much luck in your new job, and I'm so happy for you. A big hug to you. LLLY

Littlebit said...

Hey sweets! :) I am wishing you much luck in your new job, and I'm so happy for you. A big hug to you. LLLY