Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 10, 2010

Weekend Getaway

This weekend was a nice time to get away with Sandra that was MUCH needed.  We were meeting up with two other couples in Fort Collins to go to the Carousel Dinner Theater to see a show called Defending the Caveman (which I'd highly recommend), so I thought it would be best to make a weekend of it.  I got us a room on Priceline.com in the Tech Center.  We went down on Friday and tried to tour the Celestial Seasonings factory, only to have the guy in front of us take the last three spots of the tour.  We still got free samples though, but if you're like me and don't like tea, it wasn't as cool as seeing all the machinery.

Friday night we had reservations at the Rock Bottom Brewery on the 16th Street Mall and they had a live band on the patio.  It was fun to wander the mall and see all the cool stuff including a group raising money for cancer research that was doing a break dance circle!  I tried the sampler at Rock Bottom and to be honest, I'd rather go to the Library and have theirs with my good friend Pete.

Saturday morning we went to the Butterfly Pavilion.  They have a bunch of bugs, some tarantulas...I HELD ONE!!! and a "rain forest" that houses a ton of butterflies.  It was a really fun time and I tried to get some pictures with my phone.  Yes, that is my disclaimer if my pictures aren't that great...they were shot on a cell phone so you'll get over it.  Tried to go to the Coors factory for a tour, but there were easily a couple hundred people in line and we weren't about to wait.  Instead, we went looking at bunkbed options as a Christmas present for the boys.  It was a really nice weekend, but mostly it was best to get to spend some time with my sweetheart!  I love Sandra so much more now than I ever though possible when I got married at 22.  Life sure does change over the years.
















0 comments: