Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

September 20, 2010

The Gift of Salvation

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?”5 Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.6 “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.7 “Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
I read this passage this morning and it hit me again about how great it is that Christ loves us.  How great it is that we can be assured in our salvation.  It isn't something we have to earn.  It isn't something we can lose, and I don't believe we can walk away from it either. Why is it so easy to allow our lives to be filled with all the junk and muck and things that cloud our vision from seeing how incredible it is that we can be called God's children?  If we have truly tasted of the Lord like it says in Psalm 34, how can we really walk away from that?  If we are a brand new creation, how can I become the old creation again?    I pray that Christ bring renewal each and every day in my journey with Him and that he does the same for you.  








0 comments: