Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This has to be probably the best Valentine's Day I've ever experienced.  With the collaboration of two great friends - Tod and Matt - we set up a scavenger hunt for our wives.  I don't plan to write about that because I'll let Sandra post her own story and you can read it here.  I wasn't sure if Sandra had any plans or not for me, and with Valentine's Day falling on a Monday which also means a school day, ballet day and soccer day, I knew we couldn't do much on that actual day.

When I was heading to bed for the night, I pulled off the extra pillow on my side of the bed to reveal a new coffee mug and a small journal with a bow wrapped around it.  If you didn't know, I am officially drinking coffee now, thanks to Sandra who also purchased a French press and grinder for me.  The cup is pretty cool, but it is nothing compared to the journal.  If you've seen the movie Fireproof, you've probably heard of the Love Dare.  The idea behind it is that you go through this process of reading passages from scripture and finding ways to serve or demonstrate your love for your spouse.  Sandra had been working on it for nearly three weeks.

Each day, she would write out the key Bible verse and then write a journal entry about what she had done that day for me.  The themes varied and sometimes the challenge was to encourage me, or honor me, or show appreciation...there were a lot of different things.  It was incredible to read through each day and remember the things she had done differently for me and the thought process behind each day.  There were days that made me laugh out loud and several that made me so happy that I cried just reading them. It was seriously special and I love the effort that she put into everything.

Sandra is the love of my life.  She is so special to me and I love to tell her that, and even more, I love to show her that.  I love being able to sing her songs, or buy her flowers or a box of Dots to demonstrate my love.  I enjoy taking her away for special weekends together.  I love that she walks into a room and the first thought that goes through my head is how much I love her.  She is everything to me.  Thanks for letting me love you Sandra and for everything you do to show me that you love me just as much!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

And I love you!! :)

Meredith said...

Y'all are the cutest! And to think I knew you when you were both still in high school, and just getting to know each other. So cute! I love that you guys are still together!

Meredith said...

Y'all are the cutest! And to think I knew you when you were both still in high school, and just getting to know each other. So cute! I love that you guys are still together!