Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 10, 2011

You Capture: Cold

   I drive past this old school bus all the time and for some reason, I like seeing it.  It reminds me a bit of when I rode the bus when I was younger.  I'm pretty sure the heater never really worked on the bus I rode, but it made a lot of noise to distract you from the cold. :-)  I also find it funny how I never really noticed things like steam rising off the Laramie River until I was on the lookout for ideas.  I hope you enjoy seeing them this week as much as I enjoyed taking them.




Photobucket



9 comments:

Renegades said...

I love the picture of the bench. So neat!

Tara said...

I love the picture of the river! Really pretty!

Jen said...

I love the frozen stream!

T.J. said...

so true- I never quite see things until You Capture encourages me to truly see them. I'm digging that doorknob shot!

Stacia said...

The doorknob shot is my favorite, too. It's as if it's giving you permission to stay inside and drink hot chocolate in your jammies all day. =>

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Oh man- that sure does capture the essence of cold

Melissa said...

Nice work with that new Camera Mr. Kelly! Great shots...want to know what stood out most? The WYO Lisence plate ^.^ Guess I'm missing home a little bit...

Jon Kelly said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!

@renegades That bench was a hand me down from my dad. My wife and I tackled it this past summer. Check it out http://bit.ly/hqOMag

@Jen I kept seeing the steam coming off the water and thinking I should snap a picture of it. I had to leave the kids in the van on the street to go down there, but it was worth it.

@Melissa Thanks! I really like it and have been reading up on how to use all the features. Maybe some people know, but I'm not up to speed...are you guys ever headed back to WY or do you even have a plan after Korea yet? You guys have a pretty incredible story and photo gallery to match.

Renegades said...

I love the picture of the bench. So neat!