Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 3, 2011

You Capture - Red

So I know some people who do this whole You Capture thing.  You can get details here, but the basic idea is that you get a weekly theme and you take pictures based on that theme.  Sandra and I recently got a new camera and I haven't used an SLR camera since I was the head photographer and darkroom tech for my high school yearbook.  The time since then feels so much longer once I actually have a camera in hand.  

This week's challenge was "Red."  I made sure to take new pictures and didn't go through any of my older images to find these.  I hope you enjoy and maybe join in next week.  Please be gentle with me.




Poor little Landen can't seem to avoid getting sick.  After some medicine, he was willing to give me a little smile, but the fever kept his cheeks nice and rosey.


The kids all love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so I find these Mickey toys everywhere.




Say hello to Jingles who is sometimes called Sprinkles.  Braeden actually lost his puppy on a trip we took over Christmas.  Occasionally, he would come to us crying because he was so upset over losing him.  I researched online and found a replacement so we told Braeden that someone found him and was fixing his loose strings to send him back.  Braeden was super excited when he got mail addressed to him and it ended up being his puppy.  

youcapture 4-1

9 comments:

Tara said...

So adorable...I love them all!

Brooke said...

What cute little guys you have :D Great RED shots!

Jen said...

Aww, I hope he feels better soon!

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Yay for the puppy- so cute

shellycoulter said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are getting in on the You Capture fun! This place needs more guy perspectives! :) haha! Its really such a fun little hobby to participate in every week!

Oh...& I'm glad B got a replacement pup! That kid has bad luck with his "lovies"

Rocio Esmeralda said...

Love all the sweet faces!!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Great shots. :)

Jenny H said...

What rosy cheeks! Love your pics!

Jon Kelly said...

Thanks for all the comments! I've been trying to think of some more creative ideas for this week's challenge. We'll see how it goes - I'm still trying to learn this new camera.