Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 17, 2011

You Capture - Warmth

The theme for this week's You Capture was warmth which would seem easy since there has been such amazing weather recently.  When I think of warmth, the first thoughts that go through my head are drinks, my kids snuggled in their pajamas with a blanket or my heated mattress pad.  If I had the ability to capture images of warmth related to my honeymoon in Mexico or my 21st birthday in the Turks and Caicos, I'm sure I'd be more than willing to share them with you.  Instead, I stuck to my house to capture this week's theme.  The pictures with the candles at the bottom are my first attempt at learning to control lighting in the dark with my camera.  I'm sure it probably isn't supposed to be as difficult as it was for me, but it's been a long time since I used an SLR camera.  I hope you enjoy them!
Landen loves to snuggle up with his blanket and watch "Hot Dog." (a.k.a. Mickey Mouse)
I have learned to love these in the past month!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your candle picture didn't upload. I really like the coffee bean shot. Nice work on your new camera! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm a HUGE fan of Canon!

Jon Kelly said...

Thanks! I definitely enjoy trying to use it. I'm not sure about the picture. I did some searching online and if it isn't showing up, it is usually something related to Internet Explorer and/or firewall protection on the computer. It works fine in Firefox and Chrome. Which browser do you use?

Emmy said...

Love the candle picture! And yes enjoy your camera just shoot and try everyday.

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your shots Jon : ) Those coffee beans look yummy and definitely remind me of warmth! I can hardly wait to have my cup first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck with your new camera! You are going to have a lot of fun!

Life with Kaishon said...

I love your shots Jon : ) Those coffee beans look yummy and definitely remind me of warmth! I can hardly wait to have my cup first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck with your new camera! You are going to have a lot of fun!

Emmy said...

Love the candle picture! And yes enjoy your camera just shoot and try everyday.