Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 27, 2011

Secret Garden (30 for 30)

   The juggling game on Wii Fit is starting to do bad things to my elbows.  I did that for a little bit on Wednesday and the closest thing I can describe it as is how your elbow feels after playing tennis too much.  I'm not going to say that I am getting tennis elbow or anything though because I was playing Nintendo.  After a few attempts at juggling, I switched over to the free step.

   Last night (Thursday), I finally got around to working on a little garden bed for Sandra.  We really like having flowers in front of the house because it adds so much color and is just nice to look at.  Maybe they would even attract some butterflies or something.  Last year, we got a nice shelf that we put a number of flower pots on, but this year, I thought it would be nice to add something to the yard.

   Like all projects, nothing went as easily as I expected it to.  I spent over an hour out there digging out dirt, hauling it to the alley.  Dig, haul, repeat.  Then spend more time bent over a hole in the ground arranging flowers and adding more dirt back in.  That really works wonders on the back of a person who has had back surgery by the way.  In the end, I really like how it turned out.  I asked Sandra to come out and snap a few pictures.  She's getting so good at using the camera now.  These pictures were actually taken right at dusk when there wasn't a lot of light and she didn't use a flash.  I think she's getting pretty fantastic, don't you?!



0 comments: