Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

May 3, 2011

Sitting around...

   I really miss riding my bike. I rode all the time when I was young - before I got a car.  Isn't that everyone's story?  The summer I turned 15, I bought a brand new bike from The Bicycle Station in Cheyenne.  I had to save a long time to get it, and I remember riding it home from the store during a huge rainstorm.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride no matter how much rain was coming down.  That summer, I did so much riding!  I rode out to Vedauwoo from Cheyenne, and took two trips out to the Terry Bison Ranch.  I used to just ride around for hours because I loved it.  When I bought that bike, I got an odometer on it too because I wanted to know what I was actually doing.  I managed to hit 2,000 miles pretty darn quickly...like 3 or 4 months.

   Getting older leads to so much more opportunity to sit around, and I took advantage of it every chance I got.  I finished high school and got a desk job...that didn't help.  Then I got married to an amazing woman who not only had a heart for God, but also for sweets....that didn't help.  One thing leads to another and you find yourself down a path you never intended to go.  There I was about to turn 30 last year and weighing in at almost 340 pounds.  I was the guy sitting at home on the couch eating junk and watching Biggest Loser.  Something needed to change, and I couldn't do it on my own.

   That's when I saw the billboard on I-25 heading from Cheyenne to Fort Collins talking about the Weight Loss Center at the Cheyenne Regional Medical Center.  With a family history that includes many men leaving families behind in their 40's, I decided to give them a call.  As of today, it has been 6 months and 1 day since I had a lap band put in.  I am down 60 pounds so far, but haven't lost anything in the past two and a half months.  I decided this month to change that.

   I have another blog that has been following my weight loss journey.  It is at www.bandedgoggles.blogspot.com and it shows what my world looks like after being banded.  Yesterday, I posted about my new 30 for 30 challenge.  I'd love for you to head over there and check it out.  If you want to join me, you are more than welcome.

0 comments: