Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

June 8, 2011

Back in the Saddle

   If by saddle you mean the elliptical.  That's right folks, I made it back to the gym for the first time in weeks!  Last time I posted a weight on here, I was barely under 260 and even though I did that 30 for 30 challenge, I have managed to inch my way back to 265.  It took two months for that to happen and the only reason it did is because of my eating habits.  For some reason, I got it in my head that there were certain things that I "deserve" to eat.  When I go out to eat and am spending good money of food, why shouldn't I be allowed to eat everything I buy?  It's that mindset that got me here, and will cause my failure if I don't change it.

   It is so much easier to admit online because you don't have to look anyone in the face when you say that you cheat constantly.  I still have limitations and have managed to choke myself eating tortillas and stuff.  Knowing how I can sip a bunch of water slowly and force food through doesn't help.  When I'm celebrating a birthday and get a pint of beer and drink it while eating, I eat more food.  It isn't rocket science, but it is still difficult.  One of the hardest things I deal with is Sandra's sweet tooth.  She's always had it and she has fantastic metabolism so it doesn't really affect her.  It's just that when we're sitting there watching Dexter or something and she gets a treat, I want one too...so I do!

   At some point, I need to be an adult and just make better choices for myself.  I can't depend on what other people around me do when making my decisions.  So last night after working out at the gym, I went to Walmart and got some sugar free Jello and pudding.  If I want to give myself something, it needs to be something that won't add calories.  If I am going to spend the time at the gym to burn 400 to 500 calories, I don't want to blow it all by eating a Snickers. I think tonight I might try to hit the gym again.

1 comments:

Meredith said...

Sounds completely ridiculous and not helpful, but I've become addicted to dried fruit strips. They don't have any extra sugar or anything. They're like fruit roll-ups for adults. I've had to train myself to eat those, instead of say, the salt water taffy the kids are eating. BUT, I now actively crave them. And each strip is a half serving of fruit. Great snack! (I still can't train myself to eat just nuts for a snack.)

Cutting out gluten helps, too. I try to only give myself one serving a day of some bread product that relies on gluten production. This alone has accounted for more weight loss than just exercising. No kidding.