Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 16, 2012

Nomaphobiac

Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact.  There are real people that, for some reason, cannot be without their phone.  In this article I read on Fox News, a woman dropped her phone in some water and when it wouldn't turn back on immediately...she went to the store and bought a new one at retail price!  It just seems crazy to me.  I am probably going to drop my smartphone when my contract comes up next month. Seriously, I cannot imagine why I spend $30 a month to have access to my Facebook account.  I rarely get an urgent email.  Foursquare really doesn't do anything for me, except for free chips & salsa at Chili's.  What is the point?  It's nice to have access to information and use a GPS when I'm out and about, but I can't think of much beyond that.  Can anyone give me a good reason to not downgrade back to a "dumb phone?"

By the way, I really think Sandra might be suffering from a touch of nomopobia.  She really can't seem to do anything without having her phone in hand.  Here's a throwback to a status update from back in December.  I thought it fit the topic.


0 comments: